About this Blog

Follow me in my NEW Adventure of being 30 --2014 will be full of laughter, tears, hard work and lots of photos of all the GREAT things this year will bring.

Friday, April 11, 2014

DIY: Chocolate Covered Strawberries (Adult Version)

Are you going to a party and need a dessert to bring or do you need a gift for that special someone who's turning 21? Try making these adult chocolate covered strawberries. You can't go wrong with this simple recipe, and it tastes delicious

What You'll Need:
Whipped cream vodka (I used Pinnacle)
Large strawberries
White or dark choc of your choice
Wax paper
Mason jar*



Directions:
Wash and rinse your strawberries.
Fill up mason jar with berries,
Cover with whipped cream vodka.
Close jar and sit in fridge for 24 hours.
*I used whatever I had on hand (this dish had a lid).


Take berries out of jar or whatever you chose to use, reserving vodka for later use.
Pat dry berries really well with paper towels.
Dip in chocolate and dry on wax paper.



I made these as a gift for my friends 21st birthday. I put each strawberry in a cupcake wrap and then covered it with the wax paper. 


Helpful Hints:
-When dipping strawberry into chocolate leave time for mistakes. If you've never done this before, the first few strawberries don't always turn out how you want them to.
-Using Mason jars with a lid works 100% better.



Keep out of children's reach



No comments:

Post a Comment