About this Blog

Follow me in my NEW Adventure of being 30 --2014 will be full of laughter, tears, hard work and lots of photos of all the GREAT things this year will bring.

Thursday, February 13, 2014

No Flippin' Way

Meet Molly...

I have been drawing many versions of her most of my life. Last semester I used her in my story board for one of my biggest projects in my Media Arts history or that's what it felt like anyway (very time consuming). She started out as a stick figure in my high school days. I would doodle and draw many stick figure comics to my friends about the funny things that would happen to us. In my free time I would put Molly into fancy princess gowns with long wavy hair, much like what you see above.

As an observer you would expect to see a completed face, for example, brows, eyes, nose and mouth but Molly has never had a mouth or a neck for that matter. I have never been able to draw her mouth, but I think that's what makes her unique.
From my storyboard/screenplay "Claudette"

In my Fund. of Animation class, we have taken it old school. Over the past 2 weeks I have drawn on 98, 3x5 note cards and made a flip book. Slowly but surely each card makes a short story --that's only the beginning.



This semester I get to bring Molly to life... By the end of all this, these 3x5 cards will be animated with music and sound effects. This is pretty cool right?! I think so, watching all the work I put into these assignments is very rewarding when it's all done...







HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!















No comments:

Post a Comment