About this Blog

Follow me in my NEW Adventure of being 30 --2014 will be full of laughter, tears, hard work and lots of photos of all the GREAT things this year will bring.

Thursday, February 6, 2014

No Regrets!


My Second Tattoo "Be Still and Know" Psalm 46:10
done at American Made Tattoo in 2013


Here is the process of getting my third and biggest tattoo...

On the left:
The idea I wanted for my tattoo... The moment I saw this photo I knew I wanted it on my shoulder. I originally wanted a pheniox tattoo, but I'm more than happy with my change of heart.
 
On the right:  The rough drawing my tattooist* came up with (loved it at first sight). He did some research on these flower (Dahlia, Peony and Anemone) for placement and size.

The polished and final product!




My Tips for Getting Your First Tattoo:
1.) Do your research. Know who's doing your tattoo or talk people who already have tattoos and see who they recommend. Don't go to a hole in the wall tattoo shop in Spokane, with tarp hanging around just for a white ink tattoo...that's sketchy (you know who you are). 
2.) Know what you want to get. Or at least have an idea --I had a sketch (photo) of what I wanted ready to go before even stepped foot into a tattoo shop. Don't get your boyfriends name tattooed on your body you will regret it, plus the removal is way worse than the actually getting it done in the first place.
3.) Don't rush. For the teenagers that are reading this, I waited until I was in my 20's before I got my first tattoo. You'll appreciate it more if you wait because it will be for you, and not because it's the "cool" thing to do. 
4.) It's permanent. Be in a good state of mind, avoid times when you are, bored, lonely, depressed or on any mind altering substances. It will be apart of you for generations!
5.) It's gonna hurt. Period. Fortunately, the pain does not last forever and the healing process takes about 2 weeks when you care for your tattoo correctly. Make sure you eat well, are hydrated, and take Advil before and after.
6.) Bring your Tattoo Buddy. Or at least someone who is not afraid of needles or blood. Someone that will distract you from the pain or hold your hand through this process.  Another helpful hint: Music from your iPod would work as a great distraction as well.

Lastly, be creative and take lots of  before and after photos!



Here is what I got done this week --Shading and finished tattoo coming soon!
View from the front...

...and from the back!


"Tattoos have power and magic all on their own. They decorate the body but they enhance the soul."
-Michelle Delio





* I highly recommend Joel at Bound by Glory

No comments:

Post a Comment